The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition qualification is intended to allow candidates of the previous iteration of ITIL the opportunity for a straightforward transition to ITIL 4 in order to achieve the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional. It shall also provide candidates with an understanding of the new ITIL 4 Foundation concepts and definitions, including the key differences between the previous iteration of ITIL and ITIL 4 and how they can be practically applied. Finally, it is intended to provide candidates with an understanding of the key elements from each of the four ITIL Managing Professional (MP) modules: Create, Deliver & Support, Drive Stakeholder Value, High Velocity IT, and Direct, Plan & Improve, as well as ITIL 4 Foundation.
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Examination is to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and practical application of the concepts covered in the following ITIL 4 Core publications to be awarded the designation ITIL 4 Managing Professional:
- ITIL 4 Foundation: to introduce readers to the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts
- Create, Deliver and Support (CDS): to provide the candidate with an understanding on how to integrate different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services, and relevant practices, methods and tools
- Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV): to provide the candidate with an understanding of all types of engagement and interactions between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners, including key CX, UX and journey mapping concepts
- High Velocity IT (HVIT): to provide the candidate with an understanding of the ways in which digital organizations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments
- Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI): to provide the candidate with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
This five (5) day course provides a holistic look at key concepts, principles and methods that IT practitioners working in organizations where IT makes a strategic difference need to understand.
The ITIL Managing Professional Transition (MPT) course provides qualified professionals a fast-track way to obtain what will soon become one of the most desired IT designations, the ITIL Managing Professional.
- How key ITIL v3 concepts (e.g., the service lifecycle, processes, functions) have evolved in ITIL 4
- Key ITIL 4 concepts such as the Service Value System and its components: guiding principles, governance, the Service Value Chain, practices and continual improvement
- Key concepts from each of the ITIL 4 IT Specialist courses:
- Create, Deliver & Support o Drive Stakeholder Value o High Velocity IT
- Key concepts from the universal ITIL 4 IT Strategist course:
- Direct, Plan and Improve
- New ways of thinking and working that enable IT professionals to successfully navigate the modern digital world
Prerequisite: 17 ITILv3 Credits or MALC