PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2® is recognized as a world-class international product and is the de facto standard method for project management throughout the world. The PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, offering nonproprietary, best practice guidance on project management.
The PRINCE2® Foundation qualification is the first of two PRINCE2® qualifications required to become a Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner.
The PRINCE2® Foundation course will provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2® methodology including the seven processes, seven themes and seven principles central to running a project using the PRINCE2® method. The successful completion of the Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognized Foundation qualification. The Foundation level measures whether a delegate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2® method.
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the Project Plan.
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2® method.
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the seven principles.
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes.
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
- Pass the Foundation Exam.
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level.
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well- managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
- New and experienced project staff
- Consultants/contract staff operating in a PRINCE2® environment
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Team Managers and support staff
- Staff that will have a defined role within a project team operating in a PRINCE2® environment.
Delegates should have some understanding of Project Management but there is no formal prerequisite for the Foundation qualification.
The PRINCE2® Foundation examination is aiming to measure whether a candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® methodology within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.