PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for management of all types of projects. PRINCE2® is recognized as a world-class international best practice and is the de facto standard for project management throughout the world. The PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, offering nonproprietary, best practice guidance on project management.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner certification is the highest level of PRINCE2® qualification. The three day Practitioner course equips delegates who have already acquired Foundation level knowledge with the skills to apply PRINCE2® methods to successfully run and manage projects within a PRINCE2® environment. Once qualified, delegates will be able to apply and tune PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of specific project scenarios. Delegates who complete this course acquire comprehensive knowledge of the relationships between the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and products and thorough understanding of these elements.
Completion of the course enables participants to:
- Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and examples of all PRINCE2® products as they might be applied to address particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2® products and apply this understanding in a practical environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2, and the principles underpinning these elements
- Demonstrate ability to tune PRINCE2® to different project circumstances.
- Achieve a firm grasp of knowledge required to manage and lead projects in PRINCE2® environment.
- Acquire the knowledge required to pass the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam.
- Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers
- Key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects
- Project Board members
- Team Managers
- Project Assurance
- Project Support
- Operational line managers and staff
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having achieved one of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
- Objective testing
- Eight questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2® manual only – Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 2009 edition).